The Board consists of Chairperson, four Supervisors, Clerk and Treasurer. The Clerk and Treasurer are non-voting members. The Town Board has 2 year terms. Two supervisors are elected every year on a rotating basis. The Town Board serves as the community's legislative body, having responsibilities for enacting Town Ordinances, appropriating funds to conduct Town business, and providing policy direction to Town staff.
The Clerk is an elected position and holds a two-year term. The Clerk is the custodian of official records and proceedings of the Town Board.
- Publish notice of all meetings and elections.
- Record minutes of all meetings.
- Coordinate elections and poll workers.
- Prepare budget with Town Board.
- Record cash receipts in Journal and total Journal monthly.
- Record cash disbursements and prepare checks for disbursement.
- Prepare payroll and expense checks for the Green Lake/Brooklyn fire department.
- Monitor the status of purchases and process invoices.
- Prepare annual financial reporting form (Schedule C).
N6998 Hwy 49, Green Lake, Wisconsin 54941;
Phone: (920) 294-0999
The Treasurer is an elected position and serves a two-year term. The Treasurer is responsible for the custody and maintenance of all Town funds.
- Responsible for collecting money owed to the municipality and depositing funds timely in the financial institutions designated by the board.
- The treasurer must follow specific steps for receipting, handling and depositing all money.
- Prepare cash flow plan.
- Invest idle cash.
- Maintain record of investments.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Treasurer and Clerk must reconcile cashbooks, investment records to receipt, and disbursement journal